Host Your Own Drive for Toys & Warm Winter Wear
Hosting a drive at your place of work or with your friends is a great way to give back to those in need. Here are a few simple tips to make it easy and fun! Your efforts will help bring joy to families this holiday season!
- Register your drive! Click here to register your drive!
- Choose the dates for your drive. Pick a designated week for your group to collect items so everyone has time to shop and contribute. Everyone has the best intentions, but life happens so plan on a few extra days after your deadline to still receive gifts. Our goal is to get gifts to our partner agencies before their holiday parties for families. To do this, we ask that all gifts be collected no later than Friday December 7.
- Spread the word! Make sure everyone knows that this drive is happening! We are sharing a promotional kit here with all you need to get started!
- Put up posters around the office.
- Share on social media, have your friends share on their social media.
- Email your co-workers and friends.
- Remind everyone!
- Set up a collection bin. Choose a place that everyone will see. Don’t forget signage - here is a sample Donations Flyer to let everyone know what to donate and another sign for your collections bin. Add your own donations to the bin (people like to see that someone has started!).
- Collect!!! Now it’s time to watch your group come together to support those in need!
- Drop Off Gifts – We will be at the Public Safety Academy in Wayne from Monday, December 3 – Monday, December 10 to collect donations. Please contact us to arrange a time to drop off gifts at our collection site.
- Thank You! We celebrate you and and your group for making the holidays special for families in need! Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for up to the minute postings on our volunteers and the impact you have in your community!